ILL requests are generally processed between 8am-4pm weekdays only. Evening, weekend, or Holiday requests will be attended to as soon as possible the next business day. ILL requests that need to be sent to outside institutions will take longer to obtain.
JWU email required for all Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests
Finding articles directly through JWU Library website:
- Go to the library home page pvd.library.jwu.edu
- Copy and paste the article title into the "Everything" search box. Put the article title in quotes for best results.
- If that doesn't work, go back to the home page and choose the "Articles" tab
- Copy and paste the article title into the search box
- In either case, if you find just the abstract you should be able to request the item through ILL from the item record
*You can also try to copy and paste the article title into Google - this can often be the quickest way to find a full text article*
If you find an article using ScienceDirect but it's not immediately available in full text, click the "Request document" option to request a free copy of the article. Click HERE for detailed instructions.
Inter-Library Loan (ILL) General Overview:
- You can request articles or books that are not available at JWU library. You can’t request entire journal issues, newspapers, videos, ebooks, or reference and reserve materials. Textbooks are generally not available to loan. COPYRIGHT LIMIT: 5 articles per journal.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: ILL requests are managed Monday-Friday 8am-4pm only. Please allow extra time for requests placed in the evening, late in the week, or over a weekend or holiday. Delivery times vary depending on the lending institution and journal availability. In the event that an article cannot be delivered, you will be contacted by the ILL librarian.
- Articles will be delivered to you via email, unless otherwise informed.
- Most requests are filled free of charge. If there will be a charge, you will be notified of the amount in advance, so you can decide whether or not you want to continue with the request.
- Books are renewed at the discretion of the lending library. Please email the ILL Librarian if you need to renew an item. Semester-term loans of ILL items is not possible. Requesting a course textbook through ILL will not allow you to have the book for the entire length of your class.
- Failure to return ILL items on time jeopardizes our ability to obtain future loans from lenders and your ability to place subsequent ILL requests.