Appearance: Generally attractive and are often illustrated with color photographs.
Audience: Written for industry professionals.
Author/Authority: Articles written by staff writers, though the magazine may sometimes accept articles from industry professionals.
Citations: Occasionally list references at the end of the article or provide footnotes within the text.
Content: Includes current events and special features within a particular profession or industry.
Frequency: Usually published biweekly or monthly.
There are a few ways to find trade publications that are specific to sports and event management.
One way is to search through the EBSCO databases like this:
1. From the JWU library homepage, click on the blue "Articles" tab and then on the "Advanced Articles Search" text below the red
2. From there, type "sport event management" (placing the words within quotation marks) or other key words or phrases that are specific or important to the industry.
Click on the green "search" button to see the results.
3. You will find a "refine results" menu on the left side of the results page.
- Here you can limit your results to "full text" (which means articles and journals that the library has access to.
- You can also change the publication dates to be more current: such as 2008 to 2018.
- Finally, limit the results to "Trade publications."
Now, all of your results will be more recent, full text, and from trade publications.
For more help and guidance, contact your librarian here.